18-year-old identical twin sisters Iman and Khadija are hip-hop queens who perform as Al Taw’am (the Arabic word for “twins”). They make their national debut on NBC’s dance competition show World of Dance this month, where they compete to win a $1 million prize. See them in action here:
Their unique dance style is a blend of hip-hop and other street styles, so it’s no surprise their musical taste is the same. Because we’re always curious to find out what inspires other artists, we asked Al Taw’am to let us give us a look at their playlist.
The Al Taw’am Playlist
From Reggae to hip-hop, here are the 5 tracks Al Taw’am is crushing on right now—and why they love them so much.
1) “Cranes in the Sky” by Solange
“We relate to her music, and it’s one of our favorite songs of all times.”
2) “Humble” by Kendrick Lamar
“The beat makes us want to dance, and we love his lyrics.”
3) “Black Motion” by Imali ft. Nokwazi
“We enjoy this song because you can do a lot of urban styles to it, as well as African movement.”
4) “Land of the Free” by Joey Bada$$
“As African Americans and activists, we relate to his message.”
5) “Stand Alone” by Bob Marley
“We grew up around Reggae music, and it reminds of our upbringing.”
To keep up with Al Taw’am, follow them on Instagram @iman_and_khadijah.
- Check Out Episode Recaps and Performances
- Meet the Competitors of World of Dance
- Find Out Everything You Need to Know About World of Dance
- Q&A with Ronnie Abaldonado of Super Cr3w from World of Dance
- Find Out the 5 Reasons Jennifer Lopez Says You Should Watch World of Dance
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Ne-Yo
- Meet the World of Dance Host: Jenna Dewan Tatum
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Jennifer Lopez
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Derek Hough