If you can’t wait for the premiere of World of Dance May 30th at 10/9 central on NBC, then you’re probably looking for any hit you can get. The judges have been on their promo tour, dropping hints of what to expect (and a little behind-the-judge’s-table scoop), and now Ne-Yo is taking his turn.
He recently stopped by Access Hollywood Live to chat with Natalie Morales and Kit Hoove about the show—and how important the “life-changing $1 million” prize is. As he tells the hosts, it’s well known that dancers are not compensated well although they work as hard as the artists, but they don’t get the spotlight or money.
“I wanted to be a part of something that finally gives the dancers the respect and compensation they deserve,” he says.
As for the competition, he notes that it is truly a global competition, featuring acts from all over—all held to an incredible standard. (In fact, he says the kids sometimes go “even harder” than the adults.)
And how does he fare as a judge? Well, apparently, he already has the reputation of being the tough one.
See the rest of his interview for more.
Want more Ne-Yo? Check out these posts:
- 9 Quotes On From Ne-Yo On How to Be an Artist
- Top 5 Fave Ne-Yo Dance Videos of All Time
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Ne-Yo
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Ne-Yo
You can also see what the other judges have been up to:
- Watch J-Lo and Derek Hough Dance Battle
- Find Out Why Jenna Dewan Tatum Wants Her Daughter to Dance
- Join the #WorldofDanceChallenge for a Chance to Appear on the Show