NBC’s World of Dance is the most exciting dance show on TV, especially for the performers. We’ve been catching up with the many acts and soloists lately to find out more about their experience, and today we’re chatting with Janette Solorzano of The Posse, a talented group that is no stranger to the spotlight. Here, we chat about what like to compete, what’s on Janette’s playlist, and more.
WOD: What was the best part of competing in World of Dance?
SJ: Being on TV and sharing the stage with phenomenal dancers. It was a dream come true.
WOD: Who’s your favorite judge and why?
SJ: It’s hard to choose because they’re all amazing, but I’m going to have to with J-Lo because she’s had such a successful career and has proven that there are no limits in pursuing your dreams. You can accomplish anything you aim for, and hopefully one day I get to be as famous as her.
WOD: What do you love most about dance?
SJ: I love to compete and showcase everything that is choreographed for us, but I think being able to inspire others with our dancing makes dance more meaningful.
WOD: Why do you think the world needs dance?
SJ: I think the world needs dance because you’re able to connect with people in a very special way and forget about your problems.
WOD: What 5 songs are you obsessed with right now/why?
1) “Sign of The Times” by Harry Styles
He has a beautiful voice.
2) “Ending” by Isak Danielson
It’s such a beautiful song that I can dance to.
3) “The Swan” by Yo-Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott
It’s soothing and instrumental music puts me to sleep every night.
4) Off Session by Coeur de Pirate
It’s a French song, and I love the way she sings.
5) “Despacito” by Daddy Yankee and Luis Fonso Ft. Justin Bieber
It’s a fun song to dance to.
TO KEEP UP WITH THE JANETTE AND THE POSSE, FOLLOW THEM ON INSTAGRAM @POSSEDANCECOMPANY.
- Check Out Episode Recaps and Performances
- Meet the Competitors of World of Dance
- Find Out Everything You Need to Know About World of Dance
- Q&A with Ronnie Abaldonado of Super Cr3w from World of Dance
- Find Out the 5 Reasons Jennifer Lopez Says You Should Watch World of Dance
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Ne-Yo
- Meet the World of Dance Host: Jenna Dewan Tatum
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Jennifer Lopez
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Derek Hough