NBC’s World of Dance is the most exciting dance show on TV, especially for the performers. We’ve been catching up with the many acts and soloists lately to find out more about their experience, and today we’re chatting with Sydney Centeno of The Posse, a talented group that is no stranger to the spotlight. Here, we chat about what it’s like to compete, what’s on Sydney’s playlist, and more.
WOD: What was the best part of competing in World of Dance?
SC: Knowing that you are going to be on TV.)
WOD: Who’s your favorite judge, and why?
SC: J-Lo is my favorite judge because she is a role model. She doesn’t care what other people think and goes for her dreams.
WOD: What do you love most about dance?
SC: What I love about dance is you can tell a story and be whoever you want, whenever you want.
WOD: Why do you think the world needs dance?
SC: I think the world needs dance because it is a way to express yourself. There are no words, so it is universal and has no language barriers. We can all understand each other.
WOD: What songs are you obsessed with right now/why?
1) “Stay” by Zedd and Alessia Cara
2) “The Greatest” by Sia
Every time I hear this song it makes me feel great and encourages me to stand out.
WOD: Anything else before we go?
SC: I just want to say that I love The Posse dance company because of our friendship and never letting each other down no matter what, and I think that is what makes us a strong team. We have done so much together that there is nothing we can’t face together.
TO KEEP UP WITH THE SYDNEY AND THE POSSE, FOLLOW THEM ON INSTAGRAM @POSSEDANCECOMPANY.
- Check Out Episode Recaps and Performances
- Meet the Competitors of World of Dance
- Find Out Everything You Need to Know About World of Dance
- Q&A with Ronnie Abaldonado of Super Cr3w from World of Dance
- Find Out the 5 Reasons Jennifer Lopez Says You Should Watch World of Dance
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Ne-Yo
- Meet the World of Dance Host: Jenna Dewan Tatum
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Jennifer Lopez
- Meet the World of Dance judges: Derek Hough